Welcome to the weekend, Trifectans! Because we issued a three-week challenge on Monday, there are no winners to announce in today's post. Just a reminder to get your pencil to the paper or your fingers to the keys. That deadline will creep up on all of us, I believe.
We promised we'd keep the fun going on the weekends, and here we are. This weekend's prompt is borrowed from Benjamin Franklin, who once said, "Guests, like fish, begin to smell after three days." We want you to tell us a story about a guest, invited or otherwise, who begins to smell, metaphorically or otherwise, after three days.
This post will go live, funnily enough, on the third day of my being a guest in my grandmother's house. I'm bringing my perfume and deodorant, but I'm also bringing my two young, rowdy kids. Do you guys smell something?
You have up to 333 words to tell your story.
Also: being a Trifextra week divisible by three (we really are that crazy), this weekend's challenge is community-judged.
- For the 12 hours following the close of the challenge, voting will be enabled on links.
- In order to vote, return to this post where stars will appear next to each link. To vote, simply click the star that corresponds with your favorite post.
- You can vote for your top three favorite posts.
- Voting is open to everyone. Encourage your friends to vote for you, if you wish, but please don't tell them to vote on a number. The numbering of the posts changes regularly, as authors have the ability to delete their own links at any time.
- You have 12 hours to vote. It's not much time, so be diligent! We'll send out reminders on Twitter and Facebook.